AFS, in its thousands of pre-departure orientation , tells you that you will feel at home because you miss a shred of family ... to be honest we are not a family Christmas in Italy too, do the tree and we exchange gifts, but no more than that. But here are all crazy, two months go by Christmas music on the radio, they fill the houses with lights and various crap.
Yesterday, the day before, I was woken up at 8 ... my father had arrived Christmas! vabbe bullshit aside we exchanged gifts. I received (much to my surprise, I did not expect so heartfelt gifts ... gifts rather than I expected "representative"):
- a citizen dive watch ($ 500 watch, left us on a salary father, I was speechless, he was satisfied, I do not know how to reciprocate)
- a multi-purpose tool by brother
- acdc of a pair of underwear with a big bell on the genital area that says hells bells
- a cup of starbucks designed with St. Louis, because I had a cup "my" for coffee
- a pass to a ski slope nearby
the evening ends, wine and sleep well prepared for Christmas Day.
today, Christmas, we went from the woman's parents, my host mother in Illinois.
have a house full of crap season, the garden outside, you can not even walk, the neighborhood kids go to play them every year, is an absurd thing I've never seen so many beautiful things.
exchange of gifts and we ate like pigs.
tomorrow back home in Illinois in the junk for a "social fish fry, where you are in the garden with all your friends to eat fried fish.
NOTE:
are aware of a tradition of afs: there is competition all year called "the kiss of nationality", the aim is to be able to kiss the most different nationalities throughout the year. they make a final orientation. Nationality does not mean people: if I go with four German, two Dutch and English 6, I cmq 3 nationalities and can be beaten by someone who goes with only one English, one German, one Dutch and one French, as he has scored 4 nationality. people of the same nationality does not count (the problem does not arise because the only Italian in missouri I never see her)
keep this in mind!
0 comments:
Post a Comment